Messengers are one of the most common and popular types of applications worldwide. They are used for various purposes, some simply arrange a meeting with friends, while others can even make deals. Although there are giants like WhatsApp, Viber, or Telegram on the market today, users still have a request for a convenient and functional messenger. Today we will answer the questions of how to do it and how to make money on it.
Why is it actual to create a Messenger today?
Communication cannot be stopped, humanity has improved its means of communication throughout its history, from messengers with letters to electronic mailboxes. The demand for better communication applications didn’t disappear with the advent of WhatsApp and Skype – it has changed. Now it is not enough to offer to send text messages to each other, today, it is necessary to build a complex network of “social opportunities”. And we are talking about a variety of channels, groups, and other places where users can not only communicate but also get information that is interesting to them.
Implementing such a messenger will take a lot of time and money, but will it bring you profit? If everything is done correctly, then yes. As we said above, there are many giants in the social applications market, but all of them have already occupied their niches, and there are still many “undeveloped” areas. So naturally, if you find your own audience and do not overdo it with monetization, your application can take its place among the giants. But what does your messenger need for this? We will answer this question below.
MVP Features for Messaging App
Before creating exciting features, you need to implement several elements in your messenger, without which the application won’t function. Now we are not talking about selling chips but about banal functionality. If this seems obvious, we hasten to assure you that there are situations when some MVP features need to be implemented with sufficient quality, which is why the application lost its audience.
1. Push Notifications. Push notifications allow users to receive messages and other important notifications in real-time, even when the app is closed.
2. Authentication. Authentication ensures that only authorized users have access to your messaging app. This can be done through email or phone number authentication or via a third-party service like Google, Facebook, or Twitter.
3. Multi-Device Support. Multi-device support allows users to use your app on multiple devices and allows them to switch between devices without any interruption.
4. Group Chat. Group chat lets users communicate with multiple people in a single conversation. This feature is particularly useful for large teams or family conversations.
5. Data Encryption. Data encryption ensures that messages are secure from hackers and other malicious threats. End-to-end encryption (E2 E) is a popular encryption method used by most messaging apps.
6. Cross-Platform Compatibility. To ensure greater adoption and wider audience, it is advisable to make your messaging app compatible with both Android and iOS platforms.
Implementing an MVP has a massive impact on the success of an application. If you need to develop one of the above functions with sufficient quality, the application’s rating will fall incredibly.
If your plans also include video chat app development, then Video and Audio Encoding should be noted in addition to all of the above. Encoding technology can compress and optimize data to ensure seamless streaming of video and audio, even in situations with limited bandwidth.
Now, having an idea of what needs to be done first, let’s talk about how to get started.
The selection of a technology stack for a messaging application is influenced by factors such as the app’s complexity and necessary features.
1. Backend: Node.js, Python, Java, or Go with a relational database such as MySQL or MongoDB.
3. APIs: RESTful web services to enable communication between different components of the application (frontend, backend).
4. WebSocket Protocols: Real-time communication between clients and servers to transmit messages and data in real-time without any latency issues.
5. Security: SSL/TLS encryption protocols to secure data transmission among clients and servers; access control lists that restrict users from accessing unauthorized resources; token-based authentication systems for verifying client identities; digital signatures for ensuring message integrity and authenticity; malware protection for prevention of malicious attacks on the system.
How to Make Money With Your Chat App?
Chat applications are rapidly becoming a popular communication tool around the world and many companies have been looking for ways to monetize their apps. There are several strategies that can be used to realize revenue from these applications, such as advertising, in-app purchases, e-commerce integrations, and sponsored content.
Advertising is one of the most common forms of monetizing chat apps. This type of strategy involves placing ads within the interface or targeting users with pop up ads or native ads. Advertising model can bring an impressive amount of money if done right and this method has been used by successful chat app like Viber messenger which earns millions using targeted ad campaigns.
In-app purchases are another viable approach as it allows users to purchase specific content or unlock certain features on the app such as access to sticker packs and games. Some companies may also expand this approach by allowing customers to purchase merchandise directly through an integrated e-commerce platform while some may choose to post sponsored content within their application. By introducing paid features and exclusive experiences, companies are able to create added value for customers and generate extra revenue at the same time.
How to Create a Chat App Step-by-Step
Developing a chat app that is successful necessitates extensive planning, preparation, and execution. It cannot be improvised and expected to succeed. Prior to launching your chat app, review this checklist to ensure that your app is ready for release.
1. Design an Intuitive User Interface: The user interface should be simple and easy to use so that new users can quickly learn how to navigate the app.
2. Test Your App on Multiple Platforms: Make sure your app works properly on all platforms you intend to launch it on.
3. Add Security Features: Security is always a top priority when it comes to chat apps, so make sure you add measures such as user authentication, encryption , and secure data storage.
4. Implement Advertising/Monetization Strategies: If you want to make money from your app, then consider implementing advertising or in-app purchases.
5. Launch Your App: Once you’ve completed the above steps, it’s time to launch your chat app and share it with the world!
By following the above points, you will be able to develop your own messenger that will be able to withstand competition in the market and make a profit. But when choosing developers, be as careful as possible. Trust the development exclusively to experienced teams of specialists.