Have you noticed that you cannot play YouTube Music in the Background?
That might the sole reason you’re here since we’ll all be addicted to YouTube music so much.
Well, don’t worry we’re here to help you. By the end of this article, you’ll learn how to play YouTube Music in Background on Android, iPhone and iOS.
Youtube is one of the most used Digital Media platforms in the world. As of now, there are more than 2.3 billion active users on YouTube. People use it for watching videos, learning, uploading content while some have found a way to earn money through it.
What is YouTube Music?
YouTube Music is a relatively new music streaming service, which replaced Google Play Music — the company’s previous service. YouTube Music lets you listen to official songs, albums, playlists, artist radios, remixes, and live versions of songs, along with streaming music videos.
You can access this free service through a mobile app or web player if you don’t mind hearing advertisements every few songs. YouTube Music Premium subscribers also have access to advertising removal, background listening (so they can exit the app and keep listening), and offline song downloads.
YouTube Music Premium offers three main options: a $5/month plan for students, a $10/month plan for individuals, or a $15/month plan for families. Most of these are standard industry prices, so you aren’t paying more than usual. An individual plan will cost you $100 annually if you prefer to pay annually.
While YouTube allows you to play music while watching videos, you need to be a Premium subscriber to take advantage of that feature. YouTube also offers a music app, but you need to be a subscriber to use it.
However, there’s a simple workaround that you can use to listen to music from YouTube videos for free, in the background. So without any delay let’s get started.
Can you listen to YouTube Music in the background without premium?
The short answer is Yes.
You can listen to YouTube Music in the background without premium by following this simple trick.
Although YouTube Music Premium would make it more convenient, we have our trick up our sleeve.
We’ve uncovered our trick below that allows you to listen to YouTube Music in the background on Android and Apple Devices.
How to Play YouTube Music in Background on Android
This guide will show you how to play YouTube videos in the background for free, and just in case you’re wondering, this method works on both iOS and Android. Follow the instructions here.
- Open Google Chrome and navigate to youtube.com.
- Tap on the vertical three-dots icon in the top right corner of the page to select Desktop site.
- Select an available video and play it.
- A video will automatically begin playing on the following page.
- Now go back to your home screen, but you will notice that the video has stopped playing in the background.
- Once you pull down the notification shade, you will see the media controls for the video you just watched.
- Tap play and the video will begin playing in the background.
How to Play YouTube Music in Background on iPhone, iPad & iOS
On iPhones and iOS, it’s even trickier to watch free YouTube videos, mainly because some methods that previously worked have been eliminated in iOS 13. Here’s how to play youtube music in the background on iPhone.
- Open Youtube.com in Safari and find your video.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Request Desktop Website” by clicking the “aA” icon in the top left corner.
- Play the video on YouTube’s desktop version.
- Then, close Safari by sweeping up.
- The video will probably stop playing. Open up Control Center on the right side.
- The video will appear there; hit the play button to begin playing it again.
- Now you can play YouTube Music in background on iPhone & iOS.
To play YouTube Music in the background without a premium subscription, open YouTube.com in the desktop version of your browser. From there, pick your song and play it. After that, minimize the app and play your song from the notification or control center.
Yes, you can lock your screen with YouTube premium. Even if your screen is locked, you’ll be able to listen to songs and change them with a single touch on the screen.
As well as being the most popular video platform in the world, YouTube Music might have the world’s biggest collection of professional, semi-professional, and amateur music.
You can discover music on YouTube Music from one of the world’s largest music catalogs. Thanks to YouTube, you can watch long compilations and live concerts, and even find videos that are over an hour long.
With all the methods we’ve given, it works flawlessly for playing a YouTube Music video in the background.
If you would like to share something with us or if you need assistance, let us know in the comments.